THE FLOWER PRESS
Treasure your bouquet forever using our pressing service to create a unique floral picture.
If you would like to have your wedding bouquet pressed, a few simple steps are required in order to ensure the bouquet is preserved as perfectly as possible before it arrives to be pressed.
- Once the wedding is over, the flowers need to be kept dry and kept in a cool place (but not the fridge, freezer or anywhere warm!)
- A hand tied bouquet of long stemmed flowers needs to stand in water, without wetting the heads.
- The bouquet has to reach me, in Plymouth, a.s.a.p or within 2or 3 days after the wedding.
- The design of the bouquet is drawn before being taken apart and pressed for approx six weeks.
In the meantime you will need to choose your picture frame. A selection of frames are available to choose from, including silver, gold, lime washed wood, dark wood and pine. All frames have TRU VUE conservation glass and must be hung on the wall away from direct sunlight, dampness or heat.
- Square frames are usually for Hand-tied bouquets. A Square frame is also used when a heart, instead of the original bouquet design, is chosen.
- Long rectangular frames are for Tear-drop bouquets.
Frames are made to measure so you can choose a small version of the Brides, for Bridesmaids and the Mums!
Prices are for the finished picture including the addition of names of the bride and groom and the wedding date. They range from £65 upwards, a £20 deposit is required with each bouquet received.
12" x12"= £110
14" x 14"=£130
16" x 16"=£150
9" x16". =£115
10" x 22"=£175
If you would like to find out more about bouquet preservation, simply get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Click on the images below to view previous works.